Hydronics is the use of a liquid heat-transfer medium in heating and cooling systems.
Canpipe carries the components used in making hydronic systems.
CAD Layout blueprint FREE if complete package is purchased from Canpipe. Complete package includes all loop lengths, pipe placement and layout. Customer to provide CAD Blueprint.
Hot Rock Panels
HotRockPanels is an in-floor heating product dedicated to improving the quality of radiant floor heating and provides an all-in-one solution for insulating hydronic heated concrete slabs. The panels fit together quickly, hold the PEX tubing in place, and are made with expanded polystyrene (EPS) which is designed to be used below grade unlike other materials currently being used. These panels provide an all-in-one R10 insulation value and an effective moisture barrier with an efficient method for installing the PEX tubing. This results in reduced installation times of more than 66% allowing you to complete your below slab heating project quicker than ever.
We can order in 2’x4’ (8 sq. ft.) panels in 2-3 business days.
Canpipe promotes the VIPERT™ brand which is manufactured in Canada.
VIPERT™ is certified compatible with F-1960, F-2080, F-1807 and F-2159. It has increased flexibility/relaxed memory, excellent hydrostatic strength and burst pressures that far surpass required industry standards.
VIPERT™ Radiant performs like no other tubing in the market. Based on patented technology from The Dow Chemical Company, VIPERT™ Radiant provides increased flexibility and relaxed memory for ease of installation.
Certified for F-1960 Cold Expansion and is compatible with expansion, push and crimp fittings
Strength & Durability
Excellent hydrostatic strength at high temperatures and very high burst pressures.
VIPERT™ is recyclable and requires less energy to be produced than PEX.
With relaxed memory you’ll experience less spring back than PEX.
25 year warranty
VIPERT™ Radiant tubing has undergone all the required North American testing to ensure it is suitable for hydronic radiant heating, cooling and snow melting systems. For optimum efficiency, each loop should be under 300’ (250’-275’).
- CAN/ULC-S101 Fire Endurance Tests of Building Construction and Materials
- CAN/ULC-S102.2: Standard Method of Test for Surface Burning Characteristics of building Materials
- UL263 Standard For Fire Tests of Building Construction and Materials
- ASTM E84: Standard Test Method for Surface Burning Characteristics of Building Materials
- NSF-rfh ASTM D2623
Stock sizes available in ½” diameter in 250’, 300’ and 1,000’ rolls as well as ¾’ diameter in 250’ rolls and 1” diameter in 100’ rolls.
These are available in 2 types:
- Economical – Our copper manifolds are available with various inlet connections including male, female, plain end and PEX crimp. Outlet connections are offered in PEX crimp, compression and copper sweat. Our stock inventory includes ¾” pipe with 2-10 loop configurations.
- The brass plated manifold we stock is available with 1″ header and is ideal for the hydronic calibration of radiant floor heating systems. It comes complete in the box eliminating the confusion with necessary add-on parts. It is also assembled and mounted on brackets and therefore can go from the box to the wall making its installation simple and fast. Each manifold is equipped with supply and return isolator valves complete with two thermometers for supply and return temperature monitoring. The supply header is equipped with flow gauges simplifying the system calibration. The return header is controlled by manual shutoff valves or can be coupled to electro thermal actuators for the automatic control of the environment temperature. It is also equipped with two automatic air flow vents for air purging. The fill and purging ports are equipped with ball valves simplifying these two operations.
The forged body of the manifold is manufactured of UNI EN 12165 brass and will withstand 145 PSI and 100°C. All O-rings are EPDM (synthetic rubber).Each loop requires a package of two ½” adapters which is kept in stock.
Circulating Pumps – UPS Series (UP15-58FC & UP26-99FC) and Alpha Series (Alpha2 15-55 & Alpha 26-99)
Connection flanges are also available in stock in all available sizes
Additional products we supply to support the complete hydronic system
These are ¾’ PVC long radius elbows that direct plumbing up through the concrete slab.
Canpipe carries all the necessary copper fittings to complete the hydronic system and for other projects you may have to complete
Crimp style PEX fittings are the most popular type of fittings used for the installation of PEX tubing. They are manufactured from brass (per ASTM F1807) and can be installed using Crimp connection methods.
PEX stands for cross-linked polyethylene. It is a type of plastic tubing made from high-density polyethylene. It is used for radiant floor heat tubing and for water supply.
Canpipe offers the following stock: ½’’ and ¾” in 100’ and 300’ rolls as well as 1” in 100’ rolls.
A solenoid valve is an electrically activated valve, typically used to control the flow or direction of air or liquid in fluid power systems.
A thermal expansion tank is installed on the cold water side to provide a reservoir for the expanded water. The water can safely be stored in the tank until its released on demand.
Canpipe stocks the Honeywell Braukmann EA122A Automatic Air Vent which purges air from high pressure mains and equipment in hot or cold closed water systems.
A thermostat is the control used to regulate temperature in a heating system. You can set a preferred temperature, and the thermostat works to keep your boiler at this desired level. If the temperature to drop, a thermostat switches the heating on to warm it up to the pre-programmed level.
Pressure gauge is an instrument for measuring the condition of a fluid (liquid or gas) that is specified by the force that the fluid would exert, when at rest, on a unit area, such as pounds per square inch (psi).