This well cleaner breaks down mineral buildup at the source. Using highly concentrated acid granules the 110 cleans the entire well in contact with standing water. Unlike muriatic acid, which eats metal and over time destroys your well; its specially formulated Sulfamic Acid is safe to use on all well materials. Specially created for the medium to large diameter wells, this potent well cleaner can be used on your personal, irrigation, or municipal wells. Designed with the everyday user in mind, the pH color indicator makes it easy for anyone to see if the water is still acidic or not.
- Dry granular acid blend for cleaning residential, irrigation, commercial and municipal water wells
- Cleans calcium & magnesium carbonate scale, moderate iron deposits
- Contains inhibitor to protect metal surfaces and penetrants to clean deep into filter pack and formation
- Contains color indicator to allow visual monitoring of pH during treatment
- Can be poured directly into well without dangerous splashing
- No vapors are released as is evident with hydrochloric acid
- Easy to use and handle
- NSF certified for potable water well use
- Nu-Well 110 Granular Acid is a strong acid-base and should not be stored with strong alkaline material or oxidizers
- Dust respirators and goggles should be worn where the possibility of dust or mist exists
- Not regulated as a hazardous material under 49CFR 172.101, RECRA, SARA and CERCLA
- Available in 50 lbs. in stock and 80 lbs. container available upon request
- Decomposes at 390° F (200°C)
Nu-Well 110 Granular Acid is used in well cleaning operations as a granular product introduced at the well head or dissolved and pumped into the well as a liquid. The granular form can settle throughout the water column providing a simple application, however, for improved cleaning, it is recommended to pull the pump and treat the well as follows:
- Nu-Well 110 Granular Acid should be mixed into a tank containing a volume of water and acid equal to 40% of the total treatment volume. The attached table provides the recommended dosage for general well cleaning. When possible, obtain information on construction and performance history and submit samples for laboratory analysis before application to determine if dosage modifications are warranted.
- This mixture should be placed evenly across the well screens. Placement methods should assure contact with affected regions at the desired concentration. Agitation of the acid into the plugged area will greatly enhance the effectiveness of the cleaning.
- The acid solution should remain in contact for a period of 12 to 48 hours, depending on the nature of the plugging. The product has limited use where heavy deposits of gypsum are suspected (add Nu-Well 310 Bio-acid Dispersant in this situation).
- Monitor pH often during treatment and keep below 3.0 for effective cleaning. If pH rises above 3.0 add an additional acid solution of approximately 20% of the original dose. The amount of acid consumed will depend on the degree of mineral scaling.
- Discharge the acid solution from the well, neutralize on the surface and dispose of in accordance with the appropriate regulations.
|Nominal Well Size||Standard Dosage|
|2"||51mm||0.07 lbs./ft||0.10 kg/m|
|3"||76mm||0.15 lbs./ft||0.23 kg/m|
|4"||102mm||0.27 lbs./ft||0.41 kg/m|
|5"||127mm||0.43 lbs./ft||0.63 kg/m|
|6"||152mm||0.61 lbs./ft||0.91 kg/m|
|8"||203mm||1.10 lbs./ft||1.60 kg/m|
|10"||254mm||1.70 lbs./ft||2.50 kg/m|
Have a question? Give us a call.
Our lines are open and operated by in-house customer support from Monday to Friday at all locations.