This product is a pelletized acid is formulated for pouring directly into the well. While it may be dissolved and pumped into the well as a liquid, the pellet form rapidly falls through the water column, providing concentrated acid cleaning power at the bottom of the well. The sinking pellets are ideal for wells with short to moderate lengths of screen at the bottom. Agitation of the acid into the blocked area will greatly enhance cleaning. The acid solution should remain in contact for a period of 12 to 24 hours, depending on the nature of the blockage. The table provides recommended dosages for general well cleaning. The amount of acid consumed will depend on the degree of mineral scaling in the well.
- Dry, pelletized acid that sinks in water for cleaning wells
- Cleans calcium and magnesium carbonate scale, iron deposits and moderate biological growth
- Contains color indicator to allow visual monitoring of pH during treatment
- Can be poured directly into the well without dangerous splashing vapors, as with hydrochloric acid
- Easy to use and transport
- NSF certified for potable water well use
- Nu-Well 100 pelletized acid is a strong acid-base and should not be stored with strong alkaline materials or oxidizers
- Dust respirators and goggles should be worn where the possibility of dust or mist exists
- Not regulated as a hazardous material under 49CFR 172.101, RECRA, SARA and CERCLA
- Can be shipped by common carrier, DOT Label CORROSIVE
- Additional physical and handling data are available on the product SDS
- Available in 4.5lbs. and 9 lbs. in stock.
- 45lbs. and 70 lbs. containers available upon request
- Decomposes at 390º F (200°C)
|Screen Diameter (inches)||Number of 1 Gallon Jars (9 lbs.)|
Discharge the acid solution from the well, neutralize on the surface and dispose in accordance with the appropriate regulations.
Have a question? Give us a call.
Our lines are open and operated by in-house customer support from Monday to Friday at all locations.